Monday, March 18, 2013

When will my REFLECTION show? -Mulan

Walt Disney an American Original was one of my favorite books I have ever read.  I don't like non-fiction reading, but this book changed that opinion and I am now a true believer in the writings of Bob Thomas.  I would recommend this book to anyone.  Of course, I was Disney fan long before this book, but I was interested to learn more about this amazing man. But if it weren't for this assignment I wouldn't have read a biography on his life.  I am very glad I did.  The amount of information I gained from this reading is shocking and this book is by far the most interesting I've read.   I loved how Thomas wrote the book as a story not as a compiled book of facts. This blogging experience has been a positive one.  I have always enjoyed looking through blogs but until now, I never knew how much effort and preparation went into every post.  This has also given me experience in case I decide to make a blog in the future.  I liked how with blogging you could make it entirely your own; the background, the font, and the format according to your vision as a blogger.  Overall I really enjoyed creating my blog and reading my non-fiction book.

5 Facts
  1. 2 million separate drawings were used to create Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
  2. The Tiki Room at Disneyland was inspired by an animatronic bird that Walt's wife, Lily found while antique shopping in Puerto Rico. 
  3. In early cartoons Walt was the voice for Mickey Mouse.
  4. Lily had come up with the name for Mickey Mouse it was originally going to be Mortimer Mouse.
  5. When Walt first came to Hollywood he wanted to become director not a cartoonist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment